You will benefit from some of the best domain transfer fees in the market, plus savings on your annual renewals. It’s all part of matching our great service with savings – and keeping those savings coming.
It’s not just easy to transfer domains. It’s easy to manage them too. 33 Hub's checkout and Account Panel are free of cluttered upsells and complication, so you’re free to get on with what matters.
You can transfer all your domains to us, stress and hassle free. Manage every domain in one place and forget about juggling separate providers, contacts and services. Get everything you need right here.
Easy 24/7 support
Get all the help and advice you need, including concierge support during the transfer itself. Our Support Center has helped millions of people with their domains. Doing transfers right… right around the world.
Domain transfer qualifications
Here are the standard requirements for most domains, including all gTLDs (e.g., .COM / .NET / .ORG etc.), new gTLDs (e.g., .BID / .CLUB / .TRADE / .TECH etc.) and some ccTLDs (.TV / .ME / .CO etc.):
- The domain must have been registered or transferred at least 60 days ago.
- The domain must be unlocked at the current registrar (its Whois status should read OK or Active)
- Some ccTLDs (.ES / .UK / .IO, etc.) have additional transfer requirements and/or exclude some points from the list above.
Domain Transfer FAQs:
How long will the domain transfer take?
Domain transfers can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 days to complete. The exact time-frame depends on the domain’s TLD and the time required for your current registrar to complete the process.
What about downtime, and nameservers?
If you are hosting the DNS for the domain on your own, or with a webhosting company, your nameservers will be transferred over – and there shouldn’t be any downtime for the domain.
If you use your registrar’s default nameservers, and want to avoid downtime during transfer, we advise the following:
- Set your domain to use our FreeDNS as back-up nameservers
- Once your domain starts using our FreeDNS, start the transfer
- After the transfer, the FreeDNS will automatically switch to our default nameservers
Find out how to set up FreeDNS.
Will I lose the remaining time I have with my current registrar?
If we are talking about generic TLDs (such as .com, .info, .agency, etc.), the remaining time that you have with your current registrar will not be lost, it gets carried over. Plus, your domain will be renewed for one year as part of the transfer.
When it comes to country-code extensions (.de, .uk, .es, etc.), each Registry may set its own rules. Please contact our Support Team for more information.
Still have questions about Transfers?
- An extra year is added to eligible Top Level Domains (TLDs) only.
- You’ll receive a WhoisGuard subscription absolutely FREE with every eligible domain registration, renewal, or transfer. WhoisGuard subscription expiration is based on purchase date rather than activation date. WhoisGuard provides subscription pursuant to its Services Agreement with 33 Hub. Terms and conditions apply. Visit the WhoisGuard page for details
- DNS features mentioned are applicable only if your domain uses our BasicDNS and our PremiumDNS.
- You receive an exclusive PositiveSSL Certificate offer (valid for the first year only) with every new product purchase except domain renewals, or purchase or renewals of any other SSL certificates. Further restrictions may apply.